Top 10 Signs you have a Twitter Stalker
Sadly, I just noticed that you can’t make an ordered list count backwards. I can’t believe I have never ran into this and refuse to manually add numbers. My personal theory is that this was a top priority way back in HTML 1.0 but the TODO list was printed in descending priority order… Fortunately, the HTML5 spec is finally addressing this most… (de)pressing issue. Perhaps one of my twitter stalkers will provide a work-around.
In a silent protest, I will use an ordered list without regard for ranking instead of bullet points as a service to my readers so they know when to stop reading. (At this point, my readers consist of myself and a particularly literate voice in my head, both of whom tend to wander without occasional guidance).
Without too much further ado, aside for stalling subtly while I ponder the other 9 signs (OK, the other 10 to be accurate, it just sounds poor… bad… icky).
- @replies answer your tweets, as well as things you mentioned while mumbling to yourself.
- You begin to recognize the back of your head in twitpics.
- Your status updates are concise, frequent and seem to occur mostly when you’re in the shower.
- twittercounter lists you in the Top 100, but twitter shows ‘0’ followers whenever you look.
- Your top tweets are listed by Topsy and you’ve set your tweets to ‘Private’
- You get RT by 6 people with no picture, 3 minutes before you post.
- @mentions include hashtags #StillAtWork #Wait4Nite
- Followers by-line reads ‘via shrubbery’, ‘via driveway’
- Your name appears in Listorious, under Leaked-SOC, Out-of-coffee and No-ADT
- You found this blog via Twitter.
About this entry
You’re currently reading “Top 10 Signs you have a Twitter Stalker,” an entry on Technical Investor - Automating Your Two Cents
- December 31, 2009 / 3:37 PM